Student Session Aides receive a $75 refund to their meeting registration in exchange for 4 hours of volunteering. Student Session Aides work closely with AAAS staff and are an integral part of the Annual Meeting.
- Monitoring sessions:
- Counting attendance
- Evaluating audience interest, symposia content and speaker performance
- Assisting session organizers and speakers:
- Reporting malfunctioning or missing audio-visual equipment
- Advancing power point slides
- Operating room lights
- Distributing literature and handouts
- Serving as a liaison between session speakers and the AAAS Headquarters staff
We will host a mandatory orientation webinar, date to come. You will have the option to watch the recording if you can’t attend (there will be a short quiz after for everyone to ensure duties and instructions are understood). We will notify you when the webinar is scheduled.
Session Aides will be sent a link to register for the meeting. There is a $75 deposit required that will be refunded no more than 3 weeks after the meeting, provided volunteer duties (including submitting evaluation forms) are completed. If you have already registered as a student, we will hold your $75 deposit and refund the card on file no more than 3 weeks after the meeting.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.