SESSION VIDEO RECORDING AND PROMOTION
Thank you for being part of the virtual 2022 AAAS Annual Meeting! This page is for scientific session organizers, panelists, and moderators in the meeting program. Please bookmark this page for your record.
Recording Your Spotlight Video
Each panelist needs to reserve a 45-minutes timeslot here to record their spotlight video with their moderator.
Video maximum length will be up to 25 min:
- Intro video‐15 seconds
- Moderator introduces panelist 1 minute
- Panelist presents with slides‐10 minutes
- Moderator and Panelist Q&A‐13 minutes
- Outro video‐15 seconds
Follow this link for a PowerPoint presentation, including tips about preparing and recording a professional video presentation with a panelist and a moderator for the hybrid 2022 AAAS Annual Meeting.
Spotlight videos will be recorded “live to tape”, (one take, no editing) so it is strongly recommended that panelists and moderators plan and rehearse their presentation.
- To ensure consistent video quality and branding, all spotlight videos must be recorded by AAAS’ vendor PAVT.
- Only one complimentary appointment for each panelist/moderator combination.
- There are enough timeslots for all panelists. Rerecords and timeslots outside the current schedule may be scheduled with the vendor directly at the presenter’s expense.
- To schedule your recording appointment, follow this link.
All recordings need to be completed by December 15th. Sessions without all the spotlight recordings may be removed from the scientific program.
- All sessions will be streamed. There will be no video downloads.
- Here is a short script to assist the moderator when recording each spotlight video.
- As a thank you, recordings that were available for on-demand viewing will be sent to participating speakers in April.
The AAAS Annual Meeting draws an interdisciplinary audience. While you are likely to have experts in your field attend your talk, you will also have scientists and students from other fields, as well as policymakers, journalists, and science communicators. Please ensure that non-specialists will be able to follow your presentation.
Promoting Your Talk
All speakers will be required to register for one of these passports:
- Deluxe Passport-$155 for speakers. Includes access to all Scientific Sessions, Spotlight Videos and Public Events. This passport is for both In-person and virtual only events.
- Basic Passport-$0 for speakers. Includes access to all virtual public events and virtual presenter access to your Scientific Session. Speakers cannot attend In-person with this passport.
In general, aaas.org/meetings is a good resource for questions about the AAAS Annual Meeting. However, if you need additional information, please feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com