2019 AAAS Annual Meeting Tote Bag Design Contest
We are looking for original designs that reflect the premise of science transcending boundaries. The winning entry will be featured on official meeting tote bags.
Instruction and Guidelines:
The theme of the 2019 Annual Meeting is Science Transcending Boundaries. Additionally, the following three milestones will be celebrated at the conference:
- The 50th anniversary of Apollo 11’s Lunar Module landing on the Moon
- The 50th anniversary of ARPAnet, the precursor of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- The 150th Anniversary of Dmitri Mendeleev’s publication of the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements
Contestants are encouraged to reflect on the meeting theme and, if possible, the three milestones in their designs.
- The submission must be made by the artist who created it.
- The design should fit on 10” by 10” space above the AAAS logo.
- Designs may include line art, text, and original artwork. They are limited to one color.
- Tote bags will include the AAAS logo under the winning art piece and the sponsor logo on the opposite side.
- All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Tote Bag Contest” as a low-resolution (.jpg or .pdf) file.
- If your design is chosen, we will require a high-resolution vector file (.eps or .ai format).
Entry Deadline and Judging:
The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2018.
- Selection of the winning design will be made by the AAAS Art Committee and the winner will be announced by August 15, 2018.
- The winner will be announced on the Annual Meeting website and social media outlets and receive free registration to the 2019 Annual Meeting as well as a year-long subscription to Science digital.
- Please note that the free registration and a year-long subscription to Science are not transferable.
AAAS reserves the right to decline any design with inappropriate or offensive content or imagery. By submitting your artwork to the competition, you are authorizing AAAS for its reproduction on 2019 Annual Meeting tote bags, as well as its use in all related marketing efforts. The winning design will be put on all tote bags handed out to attendees of the AAAS 2019 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.