VIRTUAL MEDIA, WEEK 4: ISSUES OF CONSCIENCE
Scientific and technological research projects are pursued with ethical codes relating to how facts and discoveries are accepted, communicated, and reinforced. This week, we’ll explore the concept of truth and other issues of conscience faced by the scientific community writ large, providing insights across disciplines.
Our format each week is as follows:
Short-form videos on Mondays
Podcasts on Wednesdays
Documentaries on Fridays
Monday, April 13, 1-3 PM ET: How is Truth Pursued and Presented?
- Arizona State University: How to Defend Against Fake News | ASU KEDtalks®️ featuring Scott Ruston [4 minutes]
- Veritasium: The Illusion of Truth [9 minutes]
- ATEDxGateway : How will museums of the future look? | Sarah Kenderdine [14 minutes]
Wednesday, April 15, 1-3PM ET: How do Researchers React to Ethical Dilemmas?
- Line Edit: Matthew Liao on Writing About Whether We Have a Moral Duty to Leave Facebook [98 minutes]
- Soonish: When Minds and Machines Converge [31 minutes]
- Ministry of Ideas: Shifting Blame [28 minutes]
Friday, April 17, 1-3 PM ET: What are the Consequences of Our Discoveries?
- Human Nature [94 minutes]