VIRTUAL PAPERLESS MEDIA, WEEK 3: BUILDING COMMUNITIES
Some communities are chosen deliberately while others are convenient. This week, we’ll explore some of the different ways that humans and other creatures connect.
Our format each week is as follows:
Short-form videos on Mondays
Podcasts on Wednesdays
Documentaries on Fridays
Monday, April 6, 1-3 PM ET: How are Virtual Communities Valuable?
- Empathy and the Power of Virtual Communities [11 minutes]
- Virtual Communities and Social Media [10 minutes]
- How VR Will Bring Us Closer Together [24 minutes]
Wednesday, April 8, 1-3PM ET: Can Physical Communities be Designed?
- Cultural Heritage Institutions and Citizen Science [37 minutes]
- Physics Central, The Fluid Physics of Flocks [9 minutes]
- Curiosity Daily: Astronauts Grew Lettuce, Why Smelling a Dirty Shirt Can Help You, and Early Animals That Acted Like an Ancient Internet [9 minutes]
Friday, April 10, 1-3 PM ET: What is an Imagined Community?
- Welcome to Atlantium, the Nation Formed in a Backyard [5 minutes]
- Conlanging [92 minutes]
Join the conversation online with our official hashtag: #AAASmtg