AAAS Health and Safety Guidelines
AAAS seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment at our meetings and events. Based on the latest scientific evidence on COVID-19, we strongly recommend the following guidelines for all participants, including, but not limited to, presenters, attendees, exhibitors, staff, and guests:
- Ensure your COVID-19 vaccinations are up to date, including the latest boosters.
- Take a COVID-19 test no more than 24 hours before your attendance (regardless of your vaccination status), and do not attend any in-person events if you test positive or have symptoms of a respiratory infection.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, consult with your health provider and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on isolation protocol.
- Wear a mask in crowded indoor settings.
- Follow all health and safety protocols required by federal, state, and local public health authorities.
- Stay abreast of CDC’s latest guidelines for protecting yourself from COVID-19.
AAAS follows all local, state, and federal guidelines, but we reserve the right to impose more stringent requirements at our meetings and events. Because guidelines and recommendations are regularly being updated, AAAS may make changes to our policies and practices on limited notice as circumstances develop.
By registering for and participating in any AAAS-sponsored event, I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation in the event includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist and may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of AAAS employees, event participants, vendors, and those coming into contact with those individuals;
2. I agree to comply with all infectious disease protocols, including any COVID-19 protocols, established by AAAS in connection with the event, including any distancing or mask requirements as and if applicable;
3. I understand that, although AAAS can put mechanisms in place to minimize the risk of infectious diseases, AAAS cannot eliminate the risks associated with its events. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19;
4. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the event, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of AAAS.